Social Worker - Hospice - PRN
Partners In Home Care is Hiring!
Come work with Missoula's premier home health employer. Founded in 1987, Partners In Home Care is passionately committed to assisting clients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high-quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
Partners In Home Care offers the following benefits:
- Executive Pay
- Flexible scheduling
- Extensive Paid Leave
- Continuing Education Funds
Partners is currently hiring for a PRN (On-Call) - Social Worker within our Hospice Department.
The Hospice Social Worker enables hospice clients and their families to deal more effectively with the psychosocial implications of their illnesses through counseling, education and referrals to community resources. Primarily will serve Missoula County, but may occasionally serve our entire service area of Missoula, Lake, Ravalli and Mineral Counties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses and evaluates social and emotional factors of hospice clients and their families.
- Counsels clients and families on the adjustment to terminal illnesses and end-of-life issues.
- Instructs on availability of, and provides referrals to, appropriate community resources.
- May provide grief and bereavement counseling to clients and their families.
- Provides pertinent information related to the psychosocial status of clients and their families to hospice case managers and other social workers.
- Facilitates groups pertaining to end-of-life.
- Attends interdisciplinary team meetings as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills / Requirements
Requirements include - MSW or LCSW from an accredited institution, a valid driver’s license, appropriate auto insurance and reliable transportation. 1 year of previous experience as social worker in a medical setting preferred. Working knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid regulations, death and grief issues, Conditions of Participation, and community resources preferred.
Pay: $18 to $24/hour
Job Status: On Call
Job Reference #: 19091