HCBS SDMI Program Social Worker - Full-Time - Partially Remote
Partners in Home Care is hiring! Come work with Missoula's premier home health employer.
Partners in Home Care is a nationally accredited non-profit organization that has been providing quality home health care services to patients and families throughout Western Montana since 1987. We are passionately committed to assisting patients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
We offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (that's affordable!)
- Extensive Paid Leave (including paid holidays!)
- 401K with Company Match
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
POSITION: Social Worker - Home & Community Based Services
LOCATION: Partially Remote - must be based in Missoula, MT
STATUS: Full Time (FTE 1.0 - 40 hours/week), Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime).
SCHEDULE: M-F, 8-5. No weekend or on-call responsibilities.
Home & Community Based Services is a dynamic program that enables older adults, persons with disabilities, and people who have a Severe and Disabling Mental Illness live fully integrated lives within their own communities. Social Work Case Managers and Registered Nurses work closely with members using a strengths-based model to design individualized service plans. All members must be eligible for Medicaid to receive services through the two waiver programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops individual service plans and conducts annual reassessments and six month evaluations for assigned caseload of HCBS members.
- Participates in the development of RN service plans, six month evaluations and annual reassessments as a member of the HCBS team.
- Arranges and coordinates services proposed in member service plans in accordance with accepted standards.
- Prepares cost estimates for service plans in compliance with waiver requirements.
- Makes home visits and/or telephone contact as-needed to evaluate service effectiveness and assess continuing member needs.
- Monitors the quantity, quality and cost of services provided under each service plan.
- Maintains compliance with the Department of Public Health and Human Services (“DPHHS”) and agency requirements for documentation of care.
- Processes referrals and discharges with appropriate involvement of discharge planners, eligibility specialists and other involved parties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications include bachelor’s degree in social work or related behavioral science, a valid driver’s license, appropriate auto insurance and reliable transportation. 1 year of previous experience as social worker in a health care setting required, 1 year of experience working with Severe & Disabling Mental Illness (SDMI) individuals preferred. Working knowledge of community resources preferred.
For additional information regarding the qualifications required for this position, please review the SDMI Case Management Team Requirements HERE: https://dphhs.mt.gov/Portals/85/amdd/documents/HCBSPoliciesAndProcedures/HCBS802CaseManagementTeamRequirements.pdf
Pay: $18.50 to $22/hour
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19132