RN Preceptor - Clinical Educator/Compliance
Partners in Home Care is hiring! Come work with Missoula's premier home health employer.
Partners in Home Care is a nationally accredited non-profit organization that has been providing quality home health care services to patients and families throughout Western Montana since 1987. We are passionately committed to assisting patients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
We offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (that's affordable!)
- Extensive Paid Leave (including paid holidays!)
- 401K with Company Match
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
POSITION: RN - Preceptor
LOCATION: Missoula, MT
STATUS: Full Time (FTE 1.0), Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime).
SCHEDULE: M-F, 8-5
The RN - Preceptor is a registered nurse who teaches, coaches, evaluates, and serves as a role model for newly hired and currently employed clinical staff in the Home Health and Hospice programs. The RN – Preceptor also assists with education and skills competency programs for clinical staff, as well as clinical documentation review. Works closely with Clinical Managers, Director of Operations, and Director of Clinical Practice to accomplish goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitates successful onboarding of newly hired clinical staff through the first 12 months of employment. Evaluates and teaches competencies for new RNs and LPNs as assigned.
- Assists with ongoing competency skills evaluations and annual Skills Fair for clinical staff as assigned.
- Serves as an ethical and enthusiastic role model and clinical resource to nursing staff through education and demonstration of clinical excellence, regulatory compliance and best practices.
- Assesses learning styles and needs of assigned nurses and helps learner to establish goals and outcomes. Evaluates progress and provides timely professional feedback to drive enthusiasm, growth and knowledge of the learner.
- Assess, observe, evaluate and teach best practice and evidence based principles of case management, care planning, disease management, organization of workload, setting priorities of care with an ability to redirect tasks of higher priority, skills performance and critical thinking in the nursing care of home health and hospice patients.
- Maintains proficiency with Agency’s electronic medical record. Reviews and provides timely feedback to clinical staff regarding documentation, ensuring that care provided is accurately captured in the electronic record to support medical necessity of care and compliance with accreditation standards.
- Maintains program documentation and records/files in accordance with agency policy and regulatory expectations.
- Promotes evidence based clinical practice in conjunction with the Agency’s vision and mission. Assists staff and leadership with Quality Management and Performance Improvement initiatives and with preparation for accreditation surveys
- Conducts quality improvement and compliance audits and performs other quality improvement activities as assigned by supervisor. Serves as a backup to other quality improvement RNs for auditing.
- Performs other duties and undertakes special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications include RN (BSN preferred) with a current RN license in the State of Montana. 1-2 years of experience in home health or hospice case management or 3-4 years of experience acute care case management required. Exemplary communication, collaboration and time management skills
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19171