RN Case Manager - Hospice
Partners in Home Care is hiring! Come work with Missoula's premier home health employer.
Partners in Home Care is a nationally accredited non-profit organization that has been providing quality home health care services to patients and families throughout Western Montana since 1987. We are passionately committed to assisting patients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
We offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (that's affordable!)
- Extensive Paid Leave (including paid holidays!)
- 401K with Company Match
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
POSITION: RN Case Manager - Hospice
LOCATION: Missoula, MT.
STATUS: Full Time (FTE 1.0), Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime).
SCHEDULE: M-F, 8-5. This position participates in rotating on-call, weekend, and holiday coverage.
Job Summary: The RN – Case Manager provides skilled nursing, hospice care and case management for assigned patients in their place of residence; coordinates and integrates services to ensure continuity of care; facilitates the achievement of quality, clinical and cost outcomes; negotiates, procures and coordinates services and resources needed by the patient or family; creates opportunities and systems to enhance outcomes; and uses the nursing process of assessment, planning and implementation of care, including patient/family instruction and evaluation through an inter-disciplinary team approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides skilled nursing and coordinates hospice care to patients and family members based upon systematic evaluation as authorized by a physician.
- Observes and evaluations the patient’s physical and psychosocial status, including changes in condition and/or reactions to treatments or medications.
- Oversees care provided by Home Health Aides to assigned patients and evaluates compliance with plan of care.
- Assures continuity of care through effective communication, information exchange and case conferences with other disciplines, community health, support and social agencies.
- Promotes optimal health and quality of life through teaching, counseling, appropriate interventions and referrals..
- Maintains knowledge of current reimbursement rules and regulations.
- Participates in “on-call” rotation schedule as necessary to meet patient care needs by assessing and evaluating patient needs via telephone and advising or making home visits as required.
- Assists other departments as necessary, such as conducting Home Health visits.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills / Requirements
Qualifications include a current RN license in the State of Montana (BSN preferred), a valid driver’s license, appropriate auto insurance and reliable transportation. 2 years of recent acute care, home care or hospice experience including such clinical skills as venipuncture, catheterization, wound care and/or parenteral therapy preferred.
Pay: $62,129 to $78,312/year
Starting salary based on years of RN experience per MNA contract.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19163