Patient Service Technician - Missoula - Full-Time
Partners in Home Care is hiring! Come work with Missoula's premier home health employer.
Partners in Home Care is a nationally accredited non-profit organization that has been providing quality home health care services to patients and families throughout Western Montana since 1987. We are passionately committed to assisting patients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
We offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (that's affordable!)
- Extensive Paid Leave (including paid holidays!)
- 401K with Company Match
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
POSITION: Patient Service Technician
LOCATION: Missoula, MT
STATUS: Full Time (FTE 1.0 - 40 hours), Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime).
SCHEDULE: M-F, 8-5. This position participates in rotating on-call, weekend, and holiday coverage.
The Patient Service Tech delivers oxygen and home medical supplies to the residences of clients. Maintains, assembles and repairs items related to durable medical equipment, oxygen systems, respiratory equipment and specialty items. Provides client training on use of home medical equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives delivery vehicle to residences and health care facilities in varied weather conditions.
- Completes initial set-up of respiratory and home medical equipment in a timely and courteous manner.
- Repairs respiratory and durable medical equipment through work order processes.
- Completes all paperwork necessary to conform to agency and third party payor standards. Documentation is complete and accurate and done in a timely manner.
- Adheres to driving standards established by the agency and the Department of Transportation.
- Manages the transfill station in accordance with FDA and DOT requirements.
- Performs routine preventive maintenance and calibration on instruments as assigned. Performs troubleshooting according to ability and reports instrument problems to supervisor.
- Maintains equipment warehouse as directed by supervisor.
- Reports all equipment malfunctions or problems to supervisor.
- Participates in sales and equipment rental by assisting walk-in customers.
- Follows department infection control policies concerning safety and universal precautions. Cleans and maintains medical equipment as needed.
- Performs on-call duties as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications include: high school diploma or equivalent required; valid driver’s license. Prior experience in durable medical equipment or oxygen sales & rental field preferred.
Pay: $12.65 to $15/hour
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19154