Medical Billing Supervisor
Founded in 1987, Partners In Home Care is passionately committed to assisting clients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high-quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
We are looking for a qualified Medical Billing Supervisor to join our team.
Partners In Home Care offers the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid accumulated leave
- 401K with company match
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- Continuing Education Funds
The Billing Supervisor is responsible for the generation and integrity of client billing for the Agency, as well as the storage and integrity of the Agency’s medical records. Position directly supervises the Billing and Medical Records staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the generation of electronic invoices, re-billing of invoices, denial letters and return-to-provider reports for Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance patient accounts for all Agency programs.
- Oversees the interface/batch entry process for all disciplines to ensure timely month end closing. Troubleshoots problems as they occur to resolve billing issues.
- Generates monthly billing statements, reconciliation reports, and statistical reports for review by program managers.
- Oversees and coordinates completion of HCFAs, UB04s, certifications, & re-certifications. Notifies clinicians and/or staff members of missing or needed information.
- Initiates Medicare quarterly credit balance report agency certification.
- Oversees collection and re-submission of claims by reviewing collections worksheets and initiating appropriate collection action for all Agency programs.
- Ensures appropriate coding, filing and long term storage of medical records.
- Reviews, audits and approves monthly adjustments to the accounts receivable report and reviews/approves check and refund requests.
- Hires, orients, evaluates, counsels and disciplines subordinate employees.
- Establishes safe work practices and work environments to protect the safety and well being of employees.
- Conducts audits for all billing and remittance advices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications include high school diploma (degree in related field preferred); at least one year of supervisory experience; and 3 years of experience in the field of medical billing, reimbursement, credit and collections. Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement requirements strongly preferred.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19113