Hospice Volunteer Program Coordinator
Partners In Home Care is Hiring!
Come work with Missoula's premier home health employer. Founded in 1987, Partners In Home Care is passionately committed to assisting clients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high-quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
Partners In Home Care offers the following benefits:
- Excellent Pay Structure
- Flexible scheduling with Work/Life Balance
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance that is affordable!
- Extensive Paid Leave
- 401K with Company Match
- Continuing Education Funds
- Student Loan Payoff Program
Partners is currently hiring for a Full Time - Volunteer Coordinator within our Hospice Program
The Volunteer Coordinator is a member of the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) who is responsible for the recruitment, retention, coordination, training, and supervision of volunteers to provide services in support of hospice patients and families. This position acts as a liaison between hospice and the communities it serves; ensures the required volume of volunteer services; maintains volunteer records in accordance with hospice policies and Federal and State regulations; and delegates tasks to volunteers as a means to manage multiple priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits, orients, trains, assigns, coordinates and supervises volunteers who may provide either direct patient/family or administrative support. Develops orientation and education programs for volunteers. Ensures competencies in accordance with volunteer assignments and completes periodic side-by-side evaluations of patient care volunteers.
- Collaborates with hospice management to design and deliver volunteer programs and services, meet patient and family needs, and enhance the customer experience. Develops and maintains professional volunteer services such as music thanatology and massage therapy.
- Collaborates with IDT members to develop and implement individualized service plans for patients and families who can benefit from volunteer services. Coordinates the activities of volunteers not involved in direct patient/family services.
- Utilizes community resources to enhance the creativity and scope of volunteer services. Represents the Hospice program through community-based marketing and fund raising opportunities such as the Tree of Life. Attends approved community events, networking to promote support of volunteerism and to facilitate recruitment.
- Maintains and monitors a record-keeping system to document, track, and report on volunteer hours and services.
- Participates in the development of the annual budget for the Hospice volunteer program.
- Plans and/or implements volunteer support groups and recognition programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Pay: $14 to $16/hour
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19051