Hospice RN - On Call
Partners in Home Care is hiring! Come work with Missoula's premier home health employer.
Partners in Home Care is a nationally accredited non-profit organization that has been providing quality home health care services to patients and families throughout Western Montana since 1987. We are passionately committed to assisting patients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
We offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (that's affordable!)
- Extensive Paid Leave (including paid holidays!)
- 401K with Company Match
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
POSITION: RN On Call (Hospice Program)
LOCATION: Missoula MT and surrounding area.
STATUS: Full Time (FTE 1.0), Exempt (not eligible for overtime).
SCHEDULE: 5:00pm to 8:00am
The RN – On-Call provides skilled nursing on-call coverage, including availability for skilled nursing visits and admissions, for the Hospice program. On-call coverage is provided from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. according to an established schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides skilled nursing care to patients in accordance with the plan of care developed by an RN – Case Manager and authorized by a physician.
- Conducts skilled nursing visits and admissions as assigned.
- While on-call, conducts triage of patient needs via telephone, provides advice and/or makes home visits as deemed necessary.
- Keeps on-call box current and appropriately supplied.
- Assures continuity of care through communication with case managers, other disciplines, and appropriate agencies. Follows-up to ensure thorough communication with managers and other on-call staff.
- Promotes optimal health and quality of life for patients through teaching, counseling, appropriate interventions and referrals.
- Observes and evaluates the physical and psychosocial status of patients, including changes in condition and/or reactions to treatments or medications.
- Attends in-services and other meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications include a current RN license in the State of Montana (BSN preferred), a valid driver’s license, appropriate auto insurance and reliable transportation. 2 years of recent RN experience in acute care, home care or hospice, including clinical skills of venipuncture, catheterization, wound care and/or parenteral therapy required.
Job Status: Full Time,On Call
Job Reference #: 19174