Claims Reimbursement Specialist - Full Time - Partially Remote
Partners in Home Care is hiring! Come work with Missoula's premier home health employer.
Partners in Home Care is a nationally accredited non-profit organization that has been providing quality home health care services to patients and families throughout Western Montana since 1987. We are passionately committed to assisting patients and families in achieving optimal health, independence, and comfort through high quality, cost-effective home and community health-related services.
We offer the following benefits to our employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (that's affordable!)
- Extensive Paid Leave (including paid holidays!)
- 401K with Company Match
- Continuing Education Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
POSITION: Claims Reimbursement Specialist
LOCATION: Missoula, MT. Work from home and occasional work from office. Candidates must reside in or near Missoula, MT.
STATUS: Full Time (FTE 1.0), Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime).
SCHEDULE: M-F, 8-5.
Performs electronic and manual billing and follow-up submission of claims to appropriate insurance carriers for various home care services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gathers and verifies supporting documentation for billing, then submits claims to payers.
- Responds to billing error documents, return-to-provider reports and denial letters. May notify relevant departments of missing or inaccurate documentation.
- Provides follow-up on clients’ accounts by responding to client questions and concerns regarding billing and re-submission of bills for payment. May prepare split bills when necessary.
- Logs, tracks and answers all program requests and denials and responds to third-party requests when required.
- Reviews collection worksheets and initiates appropriate collection actions, including re-submission of claims.
- Assists in preparation and compilation of visit statistics, reconciliation of discharge summaries, admit reports and recorded visits.
- Prepares and maintains client billing files.
- Communicates with program staff to discuss billing issues when necessary. Resolves billing problems as required.
- Conducts insurance verification when necessary to remedy billing issues.
Qualifications include high school diploma or equivalent, with at least one year of experience in billing, reimbursement, credit, collections and/or medical terminology. Must be proficient with computer-based data entry, word processing, and the operation of other office machines. Requires extensive use of telephone with appropriate interpersonal skills.
Pay: $14.50 to $16.25/hour
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 19129